Celebrate cultural diversity with this easy to use resource. Pages are suitable for most Primary School year levels and able to be adapted to suit a range of lesson types.
Celebrate cultural diversity with this easy to use Harmony Day resource. Pages are suitable for most Australian Primary School year levels and able to be adapted to suit a range of lesson types.
Suggestions for use…
USE PAGES 3-5
- Enlarge the information sheet to use as a display or reduce it to glue in student books
- Trace students hands on orange paper and glue them around the outside of the information sheet - a great display idea for the school office
USE PAGES 6-9
- Create a quilt with students putting a handprint on each page and “sewing” them together
- Record words associated with Harmony Day
- Write poems and record these in the space provided
- Students draw what Harmony Day means to them
- Glue on a photograph to record the days activities
USE PAGE 10
- Record the days events as a recount
- Write an acrostic poem
- List associated words after a brain storm
USE PAGE 11
- Enlarge to A3, cut out hearts, write something of significance about Harmony Day or things they are thankful for in each section, staple around the outside and stuff the inside of the heart with the paper scraps. Hang with a string.
This resource contains 5 printable pages. Pages are not editable and are designed to fit on an A4 page. Updated each year with the current or upcoming year.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.